07 May 2008

The Cork & Screw...

It sounds more sexual than it really is! Yet, then again a really good bottle of wine can be an experience that makes you feel warm and fuzzy and perhaps tingly all over :)

I have gotta say I have been a bit of the proverbial loser on the going out front and have not been devoting sensible time to going to one of the now many many excellent wine bars that have sprung up across the capital (Jakarta). I am sure there must be a fine wine (and cigar) guide that lists all these establishments and the relative cost involved!

I did have cause to go to the Cork and Screw in Wisma Kodel last week after the launching of a new website that I am involved with...Why a week you ask? Well, as I am sitting here in front of my computer screen thinking that I should be doing some work and not blogging, I am also thinking about how a nice glass of red would taste! A Margaret River or a Penfolds would probably hit the mark...

Red wine -- my poison of choice!

Perhaps I will make a concerted effort to write a few reviews of the myriad of wine bars in Jakarta...I might just be able to swindle a bottle or two for my efforts (I might have to embellish my visitor stats a little in order to convince them I am reaching a lot of people).

Unfortunately, the Cold Chisel song, Cheap Wine is out of place here as there is not a lot of cheap imported wine, but when it is all said and done I could find myself mellowing out in a wine bar to the rockin' grooves of Cold Chisel...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm ..
Was there three nights in a row last week so we must've run into each other somehow in that place.

On another note, while sipping one of its Rosemount Estate CabSauv, you should really try its goat cheese on french bread, or the very sumptuous frog legs with garlic. Guaranteed to hit the mark even better!!
And the after-taste and after-effect did hit too ;-)

Unknown said...

I'm assuming it was the Grange you were thinking about. I have a '98 and a 2000 maturing nicely back home. I need to get the '03 vintage this year (personal reasons). One tip on the wine, drinking is much better than thinking about it.
Cheers

camobel.es said...

Very useful information, thanks so much for the post.