20 May 2008

Books I Have Open at the Moment

I am a pretty good reader and collector of books! I now have six book cases that are full and a table that is stacked high with another two book cases worth of books. I am almost at the stage where I am going to have to start cataloguing them so that I can find them quickly.

This could be a bit of a problem if the Missus and I do decide to head back to Australia at the end of the year. It will cost a fortune to ship them home. Maybe I will just donate them to a worthy cause, if I can find one!

Being a good reader and a devout learner I am always starting one book before I finish the one before it. Then it just becomes a juggling exercise to make sure that they all get read, eventually.

Right now I have the following books open (part read):

1. Islamic Law: From Historical Foundations to Contemporary Practice (Mawil Izzi Dien);
2. Muslim Jurisprudence and the Qur'anic Law of Crimes (Mir Waliullah);
3. Practical Balinese: A Communication Guide (Gunter Spitzing);
4. Indonesia's Secret War in Aceh (John Martinkus);
5. The Real History Behind the Templars (Sharan Newman); and
6. The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam and the Crusades (Robert Spencer).

I am more than half way through on all of them so hopefully before the month is out I will be done on all of them...

No comments: