23 May 2008

Comfort Foods

I am sure that I read somewhere that when people are sad or depressed they turn to comfort foods. For me a comfort food is anything that puts a smile on my dial and this would include some liquid refreshments as well.

Right now in the freezer is some quality Ben & Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk ice cream which seems to do the trick at any time of the day. I had not tried this flavour before so that is why it has made it into the freezer. The old philosophy of having to try everything at least once and if you like it try it over and over again! Some of the over and over agains have been the Cherry Garcia and the Chunky Monkey!


The other comfort foods I enjoy are Kit Kats but the white chocolate ones, nuts (usually macadamias or pistachios), and flavoured ice blocks. On the liquid refreshment front it is always green cordial (lime flavour) or passionfruit syrup. The latest syrup to join this list is mocha (there is always a bottle on the kitchen table or in the pantry / cupboard). So, keep smiling and when you're not smiling eat, drink, and be merry!


2 comments:

Finally Woken said...

Should try Chubby Hubby. I like the name...

Rob Baiton said...

My wife already has a chubby hubby! :D