20 September 2008

Harley Davidson, Women, and God

Something that came into the inbox (from my mother of all people)...

The Harley-Davidson Facts


The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson , died and went to heaven.

At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.'

Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, ' I want to hang out with God.'

St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room, and introduced him to God.

God recognized Arthur and commented, 'Okay, so you were the one who invented the Harley-Davidson
motorcycle? '

Arthur said, 'Yeah, that's me...'

God commented: 'Well, what's the big deal in inventing something that's pretty unstable, makes noise and pollution and can't run without a road?'

Arthur was a bit embarrassed, but finally spoke, 'Excuse me, but aren't you the inventor of woman?'



God said, 'Ah, yes.'

'Well,' said Arthur, 'professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention !

1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end suspension


2. It chatters constantly at high speeds



3. Most rear ends are too soft and wobble about too much



4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust

5. The maintenance costs are outrageous!!!!



'Hmmmmm, you may have some good points there,' replied God, 'hold on.'

God went to his Celestial supercomputer, typed in a few words and waited for the results.

The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it. 'Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed,' God said to Arthur, 'but according to these numbers, more men are riding my invention than yours'.



1 comment:

Rob Baiton said...

This post comes with pictures. When I first uploaded it the pictures were there. I haven't been able to get them to upload the last two times I have been online.

If you want to look at the pictures (quite funny) then email me at rob[dot]baiton[at]gmail[dot]com and I will forward the pictures via email.

Cheers