19 September 2008

Smudges the Cat -- Returns

It seems that my nightly jaunts around the complex looking for Smudges can end. The only reason for nightly strolls around the complex now would be for purely health and fitness reasons.

We had been hearing Smudges for a few days and the Wife and the Maid had said they had caught fleeting glimpses of the little fella bounding across the roof. However, today, he decided to make his appearance known at much closer range. I guess the hunger got the better of him and he always gets fed well when he is here.

He looks a little worse for wear. This I think can be rectified with a bath and some good food. There seems to be a recently healed wound on his right front leg which would fit into the scenario of having been shot.

Anyway, as it turns out the little fella has returned with company and it seems that we are to be adopting another little one as well.

There has been no further action on the part of the RT and the coordinator of complex security in terms of having this face-to-face sit down with the shooter. I am guessing that they believe if they ignore it then it will go away. However, I do plan on dropping by the RT's place and letting him know that Smudges is back. I would also like to get some guarantee that the cat killer that lives next door will not be shooting my cat again. By my reckoning the best guarantee of him not shooting my cat or anyone else's cat is for him not to have a gun.

I will keep you posted on how this turns out.

8 comments:

Elyani said...

Rob, next time you visit the RT/RW..please bring something that will make them more willing to listen to you. Call it a bribery if you want. But a basket or fruits or any Lebaran parcel won't be rejected. From there you can tell them about Smudges's safety. Am so glad he finally found his way home. I guess he has that emotional bonding with the family who fed him.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear smudges is back. You should go to the RT to get his word (as if it means anything) that smudges and friend will not be shot at ever again.

Amitz Sekali said...

Rob,

I feel happy for you :-)

tere616.blogspot.com said...

Happy for you Rob and you may take Elyani's advice.

Don't see it as bribery but as a gesture from a new comer in the complex.

It's part of Indonesian tradition, if I may say so :-D

Rob Baiton said...

Elyani...

I am not sure that the bribery would work unless it was explicitly stated to be such.

Yeah...cats are like that!

Rima...

I think I am about as confident as you in the "getting the RT's word" on this.

Amitz...

Thanks!

Tere...

It is not that I do not want to take Elyani's advice (or it is not even that I want to) but rather it is more of a concern as to the value of doing what she suggests.

I just do not think that the RT cares all that much.

I gesture of good will :D

On those grounds perhaps it might be worthwhile...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I fretted for 7 days before Puss2 finally returned from her foray into the wilds that is the neighbouring suburbs. I feel your joy.

Rob Baiton said...

Brett...

A bit more than 7 days. Yet, it was nice and a bit of a relief :D

peakoilscotland said...

Quite worthwhile information, thank you for the article.