1. The best place for a child to live is with his or her biological parents.
2. Unless gays are banned from the military, no heterosexual military personnel will be safe.
3. Making condoms available in high school is like giving a thief a license to steal.
4. His repeated failure to find a job indicates that he lacks ambition.
5. Either you support anti-abortion legislation, or you're not Christian.
Just a few logical fallacies as thought provokers. Adapted from the Prentice Hall Handbook for Writers (1995).