16 June 2008

Cinta Laura -- An Accountant in the Making

It would seem that Cinta Laura Kiehl's parents have her head screwed on pretty tightly. I have posted about her before and her cool accent and her inability to speak proper Indonesian and her desire to create a language of her own. The language of her own would resemble a mix of probably a number of languages including bits and pieces from Indonesian, English, German and perhaps some others as well.

However, this post is not about her language skills and her endeavours to improve it, but rather this post is on what she sees her future to be!

For Cinta, her education is her number one priority -- that is good! She wants to be an accountant -- some might say not so good. Some of my blogging colleagues really do not like accountants (see GJ and Stump).

Nevertheless, Cinta wants to study at Harvard (me too) presumably in pursuit of an accounting degree. It seems that acting is just a hobby that allows her to make lots of friends. I am guessing it also allows her to make some extra cash for her education fund. Harvard is not cheap.

It seems that Cinta Laura is a 15-year old with a future plan. Good luck to her in her pursuit!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She previously mentioned that she wanted to go either to Harvard or Oxford. Yikes! Let's see how she managed to fulfil her dream.

Are you familiar with the Indonesian / Javanese term of "asal njeplak?" because I think that's the most appropriate term I could think for her. I can't even find a similar word in English!

Rob Baiton said...

I think she is full of herself in many ways. Nevertheless, aspiring to go to Harvard is a worhtwhile dream and a 15-year old who prioritizes an education must have their head screwed on right!

At 15 I was doing anything but prioritizing my education. In hind sight if I had been I might have been graduated from Harvard now :D

As I said to someone earlier money talks and bullshit walks. I will be following from afar how she goes about fulfilling the dream. I have heard that she is intelligent (sometimes I wonder though when I look at her public persona)...

If she succeeds then good luck to her!

The Weary Traveller said...

Forget her education, she is HOT and CUTE....

with a body like that who needs Oxford.....

The Weary Traveller said...

Interesting. I looked up young cinta. The one thing she seems good at is self promotion. A Google finds her all over the place. CLK says this, CLK on Utube, CLK comments on this, bla bla bla.

It is the way of the world these days. We are not what we are, but what we tell the world we are…

Will she get into Oxford or Harvard. Probably, its not that hard these days. I know people who have done a single summer school subject (Bum scratching for Beginners) and now tell the world “I went to Oxford”. You can even do an Oxford Degree online these days….

She might struggle to get an Exhibition……

Rob Baiton said...

She is 15 years old. It is self-promotion to a degree but I also think there are some string pullers in the background somewhere :D

Yep, Oxford and Harvard are no longer as hard as they used to be, at least in terms of entry!

Rob Baiton said...

PB...

They might not be as hard as they used to be but they remain damn expensive.

I was thinking of doing my LLM at Harvard but I am now going to do it at the University of London instead...much cheaper!