It has been a while since I posted some interesting, or not, piece of trivia. Generally, these tid bits are only every going to be useful in games like trivial pursuit or Jeopardy or maybe Who Wants to be a Millionaire. But, they are fun.
Did you know any of the following:
1. That each year insects eat one third of the world's food crop;
2. That human thighbones are as strong as concrete;
3. That apples, not caffeine are better at waking you up in the morning;
4. That the evidence of a bloodhound is admissible in an American court of law;
5. That a raisin in a glass of champagne will float to the top and then sink to the bottom over and over again;
6. That the average human body contains enough iron to make a 7.62cm nail;
7. That bulletproof vests, fire escapes, laser printers, and windscreen wipers were all invented by women;
8. That the first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, and was used by Egyptians as early as 2000 BC;
9. That the human brain generates more electrical impulses in a day than all of the world's telephones combined.