14 August 2009

"They Shake Me" -- Baby Fashion?


It seems that this t-shirt has caused a bit of a stir, perhaps even an uproar, or perhaps a controversy over in twitter land and on the Internet. The Cotton On Kids company has sort to boost sales through what they consider to be a humorous t-shirt campaign.

Is this a simple case of a sense of humor misunderstood or something more sinister? It seems that some would believe that the next t-shirt that Cotton On Kids might be producing is "my parents sexually abuse me". I have a sneaky suspicion that they won't be.

I will leave that one up to you.

Nevertheless, shaking babies and the severe injuries and death that may result mean, at least in my mind, that there is little humor to be had in the first t-shirt above. Shaking babies to me is just not funny. However, the second set of photos with the "I'm a tits man" and "I am living proof my mum is easy" are probably not as offensive as the first.

At least in my humble opinion.

No comments: