14 April 2009

Counting Down the Hours...

Even though there is still more than 24 hours before Dyah, Will, and I depart for the land downunder, it suddenly all seems so much more real. The morning has been spent tidying up the last remnants of required packing and loading stuff into a truck to be transported to Tanjung Priok for sea freighting to Australia.

On the sea freight, I will let you know. If all the stuff that we packed, some 33 boxes, all arrives then it will have turned out to have been a cheap deal.

I am actually looking forward to getting "home". I have not been home for many years and it is time for a change. It does not matter whether it is temporary or more long term. But, the reality is that I am hoping that it will refresh me. I also hope that Dyah is looking forward to the move. It is a big step for anybody to just up and move their life from one country to another, particularly when you are moving away from friends and family that are your usual safety mechanisms for dealing with life's little torments.

For Will, it is just going to be another adventure with different people to play with and carry him around and to give him goodies and spoil him rotten.

I am guessing that I will probably write more about Indonesia when I am not here than I have been writing of late while I am here. Who knows.

Later alligators....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

best of luck with the move!!

Rob Baiton said...

John...

Thanks!

You still in NYC? Still enjoying it?