16 December 2008

Last Meals

I am sitting here dining on a bowl of Frosties and skim milk. It would seem the excessive amounts of sugar in the Frosties would nullify any benefits one might derive from consuming skim milk, but that is another post for another day.

For reasons unbeknown to me, this got me thinking about last meals. Simply, if you knew you would be dead at a certain time and you only had the chance for one last meal, and that meal could be anything that your heart desired, then what would it be.

This thinking got me to doing a simple Google search and you can follow these links here, here, and here if you need some inspiration to see what some have eaten for their last meal.

4 comments:

oigal said...

Well if I could order from our local rumah makan (and the deal was no death until I got what I ordered from the menu) then I could stall for years. It's now a tourist attraction..take a guest..order say a coke..girl runs away comes..back .."maaf habbis" ..ok..spite..run away.."maaf habbis".. beer ..run away "maaf habbis".. until eventually you order water or teh..same process with the food..until you order Ayam..

Yet never once does the girl say "this is all there is"..we have to do the routine...its a hoot once you are used to it particulary watching new guests going through the system.

Its fun now..the trick is to see who wears out first as we purposely work our way through the menu.

Anonymous said...

@oigal: just a question: why don't you ask mbak what they have instead of sending her away again and again...? ;-)

the last meal question is such a hard one. i would probably settle for pizza and a coke.

Katadia said...

Last meal? I'd say yum cha but then the msg would make me feel all thirsty which is not a good feeling to have before being executed. So, I'll probably go for bubur ayam with teh botol sosro.

Rob Baiton said...

Stump...

Maybe the authorities would be clued into your plan and start the last meal ordering process a few days before or simply cut to the chase and order the chicken and the coke.

Brett...

It is hard because I have eatren plenty of good food over the years and it would be hard to choose what to go out with.

KD...

They say Teh Botol goes with everything and that it was also Sumanto's favorite for washing down his food! ;)