03 October 2010

Wahoo Premium Ale...

I am not sure whether I am going to be able to find 30 beers in my local bottle shop or in Woolworths that I am going to be able to review. But, every one needs a dream. After all, it is our dreams that keep us alive. So, with the dream in mind, I present my next review, Wahoo Premium Ale.

Gage Roads Brewing Co. out of Palmyra in Western Australia is responsible for this brew. It is a premium ale with an alcohol volume of 4.6%.

Cracking the bottle provided immediate access to some really refreshing lime aromas, perhaps a little citrus overall. I was thinking of pouring the beer into a glass, but let's face it I am a bottle kind of a fella. So, straight out of the bottle it was.

The malt and hops in this beer are understated. There was no lingering bitterness at all, which is not necessarily always a good thing.

The most memorable thing about this beer was the bottle that it came in. It was not the worst beer that I have ever tasted (Bali Hai has a mortgage on that title for the foreseeable future) however it was not a beer that said, "try me, again and again and again".

The artsy photo is all mine, including the Ted Hughes book of poetry, Birthday Letters (my current reading material).

No comments: