08 June 2009

Jagermeister


Now, Jagermeister is my drink of choice when the need to have a drink strikes. For me, it is best served ice cold. When I was younger, it was ice cold shots. However, as I got older Jagermeister became an acquired taste and I have been known to have a glass or two on the rocks.

So, when I was reading Yahoo 7 News, the following headline was sure to grab my attention, "13yo in coma after Jagermeister binge". According to the news story this kid managed to down a whole one-litre bottle of Jagermeister in just a mere 20 minutes. To those not engaged in the beverage industry, then this is the equivalent of 28 standard drinks. Enough said! There was only one way this was going to end for a 13-year-old and it seems that it ended that way.

The binge drinking session occurred in Wanaka, New Zealand, during a junior sports camp.

The young fella is now in hospital having come out of the coma. I guess if you are going to pickle your brain then Jagermeister is a worthy candidate.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Hi,
my name is Ben and I am an...
never mind.

Rob Baiton said...

Ben...

Thanks for dro...

Never mind!

Unknown said...

Hi Rob, some 13yo Kiwi's are bigger than you and me put together, and that's the girls. But still 28 drinks would "floor" anyone. Hope all turns out well.

Rob Baiton said...

GJ...

Even so on the Kiwi girls front, 28 shots is still 28 shots!

Apparently, the young fella is out of the coma and is expected to fully recover.