07 August 2010

Oh Dear, SBY...

Anyone listening to the President of late must be beginning to wonder if there is anyone out there who is not plotting to "do things" (red. kill) to him.

It appears that the latest arrests of terrorists in West Java overnight uncovered a plot to harm the Indonesian President.

I wonder if he has ever sat down and thought about why it seems there are so many people out there willing to lay it all on the line to kill him? He must have, mustn't he?

The point is that I would imagine that most leaders of large democracies have the crazies lurking out there and stalking them. All the while making all manner of plans to wreak havoc and cause mayhem, and maybe get an assassination plot up and running. But, you so rarely hear of them with other leaders.

So, I wonder whether there is a belief amongst SBY's closest advisors that making snippets of these plots and arrests public knowledge that there will be a positive bounce in opinion and popularity polls of the president?

I only ponder and pose these questions because I just do not see the point of adding a potential assassination plot into the mix. These arrests could have been made, terrorists links could have been established, and legal processes undertaken without the need to make the primary news, "look at me, I must be the good guy because there are terrorists out there trying to kill me!"

Ho hum...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rob,
It is very seldom that we both write about the same topic and same source.
If I can read your mind I wouldn't do that. But it's okay because we saw it from different way i.e. I compare SBY's "nagging" with the uncertainty of those who were killed and wounded by LPG Canisters explosions in recent months.

Rob Baiton said...

@ Harry...

No harm in writing on the same story or using the same source.

Yep, we have different takes on it. Some of those takes I have noted in a comment on your post over at your blog ;)

Simon said...

I totally agree with you Rob.

The more I read the news here, the more I'm disappointed with what's going on.

Fingers crossed for 2014 (but who?)

Rob Baiton said...

@ Simon...

Me, the eternal optimist!

2014...Ani Yudhoyono probably ;)