05 November 2007

Getting Up Early...

Getting up early is definitely something I should do more often. It does not matter where you go in this big world of ours a good sunrise or sunset is something not to be missed. Just to sit and watch the sun slowly rise over the horizon or set below it answers many of life's questions without the need for expensive analysts.

As I sit here watching the sunrise, and ruing the fact that the battery of the camera is as flat as a tack (so, no photo for ya!), tapping away on the keyboard while savouring the smell of my coffee as the vapours slowly waft past, it dawns on me (pun intended) that there is something so much bigger than us out there somewhere. And that it does not really matter where this something is!

The poetry of life is a beautiful thing and watching a sunrise gives you the opportunity to see life in action, poetry in motion! As the sun rises and the day's activities start in earnest, it is refreshing to watch how others go about their daily chores. There seems to be a recognition that life goes on irrespective of whether yesterday was a good, bad, or ugly day. With a new morning there is the chance of a fresh start, a new beginning.

It has been a while since I have watched a sunrise and I am happy that I have done so today. I have started the day looking at the world in a slightly different way and appreciating being alive. There is much to be done and as Abraham Lincoln said, "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

No comments: