Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
- Robert F. Kennedy (1925 - 1968)
Action makes more fortunes than caution.
- Marquis de Vauvenargues (1715 - 1747)
There is no education like adversity.
- Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)
A relaxed attitude lengthens a man's life.
- Proverbs 14:30
Do not be afraid to take a big step if one is required. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.
- David Lloyd George (1863 - 1945)
No one ever hurt their eyesight by looking at the bright side of life.
With malice toward none, with charity for all.
- Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)
One man with courage makes a majority.
- Andrew Jackson (1767 - 1845)
By his deeds we know a man.
- African Proverb
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice.
- William Jennings Bryan
Some men see things as they are and say 'Why?'
I dream things that never were, and say, 'Why not?'
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way.
- Booker T. Washington (1856 - 1915)
Fear is never a reason for quitting: it is only an excuse.
- Norman Vincent Peale
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
- John F. Kennedy (1917 - 1963)
Knowledge is power.
- Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)
Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
- George Washington (1732 - 1799)
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. (1809 - 1894)
You will give yourself peace of mind if you do every act of your life as if it were your last.
- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180 AD)