18 October 2008

US Presidential Elections

Are things shaping up for a landslide?

I have been reading some interesting articles today that are suggesting that Obama seems to have been getting it right on a number of things, like Afghanistan for example.

My politics are left of centre, liberal, and I am a supporter of the idea of a social democracy.

I am sure that there are many of you out there who are the same and maybe just as many who are not.

I am watching with interest in order to see who assumes the mantle of "leader of the free world".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The $700 billion question is: what will America under Prez Obama look like? I suspect the World at large will look exactly the same (which begs the question: why do we care?).

Rob Baiton said...

Brett...

I guess that it is.

I agree that it will be pretty much the same.

In an indirect way it can effect / affect me, so I guess I care for that reason.

toshi said...

McCain is not too bad himself, but the thing is, only Obama has promised to halt Iraq war and that's why I've voted for him.

Feel free to take a look at my US vote in Kemang's Democrat gathering:

http://foreignprophecies.blogspot.com/2008/10/american-vote-is-sent.html

Rob Baiton said...

Toshi...

The process of ending the war in Iraq is a little more complex than saying, "I am going to end the war in Iraq".

That said, I hope Barry does end the war in Iraq and that he does it soon.