13 October 2008

AC/DC -- New Album Online


I am an AC/DC fan and proud to be so. I have all their albums and have been eagerly awaiting the release of Black Ice. However, if I do not want to wait I can go to the pirate music site thepiratebay.org and download it. I would be joining an estimated 400,000 others who have already downloaded the album. As much as I am tempted to download the album, I am going to wait for it to be officially released and buy it.

I am not sure that the fellas are poor and need the royalties, but that is not the point. Piracy is theft, although I must confess to owning a few suspect DVDs. That said, all my music and software is legitimate.

Funnily enough, AC/DC does not allow its music to be sold through online retailers such as Apple's iTunes, but all of the band's albums can be obtained through illegal download websites. I wonder will software, film, and music piracy ever be defeated?

The reviews of Black Ice have seen it compared to Back in Black. I hope this pans out to be true as Back in Black is an awesome album.

9 comments:

Elyani said...

The only song I know from AC/DC is "You Shook Me All Night Long". I didn't know about this group band until a Texan friend gave me a burn CD which he compiled from the internet. Great song, I love it!

Rob Baiton said...

Elyani...

If you need any more AC/DC tunes let me know and I will burn you a CD and send it to you (or you could just download them from the web).

AC/DC another great Australian export!

Elyani said...

ow thanks Rob, I would be pleased, delighted and very very grateful :)..but only if I can send something back in return to you.

Rob Baiton said...

Elyani...

Gifts are always welcome :D

Anonymous said...

Ah, is it a necessity to buy another album, though? Because quite frankly all AC/DC songs sound the same. :P

Which is nice if you hate the likes of Metallica or Megadeth that changed their music.

Rob Baiton said...

Kgeddoe...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on Acker Dacker.

I guess it is a matter of personal taste in music :D

I am a bit partial to good Australian hard rock myself.

Anonymous said...

Seeing AC/DC in concert is a great treat for me. Their live music is just as loud and tight as their albums. Some bands sound bad live, but AC/DC in concert kicks some serious butt! I got my tickets already and found their tour info here www.ACDCTourNews.com and it's a pretty big tour, so don't miss your chance to catch them.

Rob Baiton said...

AC/DC Tour News...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your link.

cleananglingpledge said...

Thanks for this post, quite helpful material.